Monday, October 01, 2007

Lapse

Northeast Louisiana's News-Star reports on an apparent lapse in judgment at the Alma J. Brown Elementary School at Grambling State University.

How exactly is this good for my self-esteem?
No, baby, I didn't say I was getting you new shoes; I said I was gonna noose yous!Kindergarten and first grade students were given a lesson in the history of racism and its relationship to the Jena Six incident, which the children were presumably "protesting". The kids--some wearing chains and shackles--were made to march around their playground, and one little girl was given an up-close-and-personal introduction to lynching.

I can only imagine the hue and cry over the outrageous insensitivity, had any white people been actively involved. They would have been castigated by "the Reverend" Al Sharpton faster than you can say "Imus".

No comments: