Friday, October 19, 2007

Britney Spears: "Gimme More"

("Gimme More" by Britney Spears, as interpreted by Greg O'Rear)

A telephone message conveys a mock-insult salutation, followed by a confession that Britney feels the desire to dance with the recipient of the call. Her tone of voice and giggle, however, indicate that her use of the word "dance" is a metaphor for sex.

The song begins:

Concurrent with dimmed illumination, I experience a Pavlovian compulsion to behave immodestly with you. So much so, in fact, that even though our dancing grows more erotic, I nevertheless am given to shameless exhibitionism, paparazzi notwithstanding. I imagine that the gaping onlookers are not satisfied by the spectacle, and exhort us to continue our brazen display.

Our gyrations are the focal point of the room, regardless of our location within it. Your dance steps are demanding and unorthodox, but the combination of athleticism and sensuality meets with my approval.

More photographs are taken, and I maintain my belief that the others in the room would not object if we continued unabated--an attitude with which I, given my lack of inhibition, concur.

Surely an orgasm is imminent.

No comments: