Monday, September 04, 2006

Intolerantly tolerant asshattery

Some person named John Alton wrote an article protesting the "new" USPS Eid stamp, which actually debuted on September 1, 2001.

Alton (who claims to be a liberal, and dares to quote JFK) writes "I am not against the religion of Islam...I do believe that it is wrong to stereotype everyone who believes in the Muslim faith...Therefore, I am supporting a boycott of the issuance of this USPS postage stamp...."

Alton, this stamp isn't for you anyway. Nobody's forcing you to use it. I guess you shouldn't use the Christian-themed stamps either, because Timothy McVeigh was Christian (I assume).

I think the stamps look nice. I bought a whole sheet of the 37-cent ones.

There's even a Nixon stamp to get your knickers in a twist.

No comments: