Saturday, September 23, 2006

Closure

Today is the first day of Autumn. Yesterday was my 43rd birthday.

About a year ago, I began dating a woman who was separated from her husband. It was really good for a while, what with falling in love and all, but it unravelled, and we broke up four months later.

I hadn't seen her or talked to her since then. I thought that if I ever saw her out with another guy, it would kill me. So I moped around for a while (just for a few months; nothing major :).

Today, I felt pretty good, so I decided to go to a store I hadn't been to in several months. There she was. With her ex. She told me they had decided to get couples therapy, and they've been doing that pretty much since she and I broke up. (He never knew about me. Obviously, they called off the separation.)

I thought, when I first saw her (before I learned that she wasn't alone), that it would be awkward, but having met the (former) ex, I don't feel so bad! Yikes!

And just like that, closure.

No comments: