With the holiday season upon us, I thought I’d take this opportunity to introduce you to a cocktail I invented in June 2003. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...the Vagabond:
- Put some crushed ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add a couple of healthy shakes of Angostura Bitters.
- Add a splash of dry vermouth.
- Shake well, then strain off and discard the liquid.
- Add an ounce of good gin, straight from the freezer.
- Shake well, then strain the liquid into a frosted martini glass.
- Spear an olive and a cocktail onion with a toothpick and drop them into the glass.
- Top off the glass with very fresh (important!), very cold club soda.